Logic Air has developed several STC’s including intricate GPS navigation systems – SBAS/LPV and 2nd FMC for the B737 Classic.
SBAS Landing System for Boeing 737 Classic Aircraft
Logic Air’s STC (TCCA, FAA and EASA) integrates the CMC CMA-5024 GPS sensor and CMA-5025 SLS control panel (SBAS) with the aircraft sensor, FMC and AFCS to provide seamless en-route, transoceanic (RNP1) and RNAV LPV approach (RNP.3) capability (fully coupled). This system can be implemented in two parts:
This system is wholly independent of any ground aids: i.e. ILS installation, VOR, DME, ADF, etc.
Logic Air’s SBAS provides seamless RNAV approach and precision landing guidance. Operators do not need to wait for GBAS availability, as SBAS operational benefit is currently available.
Our system has provided our customers with operational flexibility over non-SBAS equipped aircraft.
SBAS Landing System STC for B737 NG Aircraft
Logic Air’s STC integrates renowned CMC Electronics Inc.’s MA-5024 GPS/SBAS Landing System Sensor Unit and Gables Engineering’s VHF NAV/LPV Control Panel to provide operational and safety benefits of LPV-based precision landing capability.
Advantages and Safety:
– LPV approach is more stable than that of ILS.
– LPV is fully deployed in the USA and Europe.
– No additional ground stations are required.
– LPV approaches can provide CAT I equivalent precision with minima down to 200et and 0.5 miles.
– LPV approaches replace non-precision approaches based on NDBs, VOR and DMEs.
– Provide additional safety with non-precision approaches replaced with precision approaches.
– Operation is similar to ILS.
– No additional fuselage penetration required.
– Captures or implements ELS/EHS and/or ADS-B.
– Is compliant with latest RNP/ADS-B accuracy requirements
– Does not require replacement of MMR.
– Does not require any additional software.
– Readily adaptable to GLS “GBAS” (when available).
– Readily interfaces with any other existing system (HUG, CPDLC, EFB)
FMS Solution for Boeing 737 Classic Aircraft
Logic Air’s second FMC solution for all Boeing 737-Classic type aircraft is designed to address non-provisioned Boeing aircraft.
The added FMC is identical to the existing 4MCU GE (formerly Smith Industry) unit and is fully integrated with all aircraft signals and coupled with the F/D and A/P for LNAV/VNAV.
Logic Air’s kit is complete and reconfigures the existing FMC into FMC L and introduces FMC R (in E1-2).
Furthermore, this installation conforms to the Boeing Airplane Flight Manual so crew training is not required.
The dual FMC configuration greatly enhances aircraft operational capability by:
– Increasing the aircraft’s dispatch ability;
– Retaining navigation capability in the event of first FMC failure;
– Improved transoceanic operation;
– Simplification of CAA issuance of RNP 1/RNP .3 operational certificate
– Enhanced aircraft value (imparting it withidentical operational performance to newer generation aircraft (when coupled with Logic Air’s GPS STC).
This modification is certified under Transport Canada (TCCA), FAA and EASA.